Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Mitch Hedberg Appreciation

I think Pizza Hut is the cockiest pizza chain on the planet, because Pizza Hut will accept all competitors' coupons. That makes me wish I had my own pizza place. "Mitch's Pizzaria ... This week's coupon: unlimited free pizza. Special Note: coupon not good at any of the Mitch's Pizza locations. Free pizza oven with purchase of a small Coke. Two-for Tuesday: buy one pizza, get one franchise free." --Mitch Hedberg


I didn't even know that Mitch Hedberg had died. Slate's Sam Anderson notes his passing.
Claire Mazur wrote a very touching remembrance.

I was a latecomer to his humor, but enjoyed seeing his stand up on Comedy Central. He had a laid back comedy style and infectious smile. OK, I admit that I was thrilled having a tousled namesake who became animated when delving into the complexities of logic and language. Mitch Hedberg was delightful in a way that hadn't been seen since Steve Martin in the 1970s. Whimsy, zaniness, and an honest connection with the audience were Mitch Hedberg's special traits.

If you haven't heard Mitch Hedberg, Rhapsody has his album "Mitch All Together."

Acid really messes with your mind, man. When I was on acid, I'd see things that looked like beams of light... and I'd hear things that sound an awful lot like car horns...

1 comment:

Eiranai said...

Never heard of the guy before but I think he really should have gone with that pizza chain idea. =)